Our God is a God of order, and we believe he will have us do His work in an orderly manner. He speaks to us through those with a prophetic gift, and we believe Brian Oldrieve is one those God has given this gift. This is what God revealed to Brian regarding the rebuilding of Zimbabwe, based on Isaiah 58. We submit it to you in humility, and ask you to read it with an open heart and test it by the Word and the Spirit.
The blueprint (based on Isaiah 58)
God goes to the heart of the matter and calls us to repent from rebellion – we are a rebellious people who do not depend on the Lord, but make our own plans, depend on our own ways, thoughts, ideas, logic, culture, traditions, rights, comforts etc. to repent from idolatry – depending on anything or anybody other than God, including hoping in the world’s money for our help. And to repent from a selfish heart – it does no good to fast and pray and plead with the Lord when our heart is full of selfishness.
Following repentance, we are to make a plan for the poorest of the poor. This is the ultimate expression of unselfishness when we spend ourselves on behalf of people who can never repay us. God has revealed a very important agricultural component for this in the form of Foundations for Farming, (we will be like a well-watered garden, like a spring whose waters do not fail)
If we would do this, God’s people who are called by His name will be known as the rebuilders of the nation. We will be able to see clearly (our light will shine), people will see that we have the Lord’s favour (our righteousness will go before us), and God will receive all the glory (His glory will be our rear-guard). The Rebuilding must be based on the Age-Old (eternal) Foundations. Jesus is the only true Foundation and Cornerstone (1 Cor 3:11 and Eph 2: 02), and especially on His Humility and Unselfishness in the hearts of His people.
Making a plan for the poor
The bible says when the poor cry out, God hears them. There has been a huge drift from the agriculturally failed rural areas to the towns and cities, resulting in many very poor squatter communities. Those left in the rural areas are themselves in very dire conditions. Unemployment is high, much of the land in the nation is underutilised, and some is lying idle, unused, or grossly abused.
We believe and pray that God’s plan for Agriculture will reverse this, and ensure the faithful stewardship of the first resource and responsibility He gave to man and to any nation, which is the soil and the animals and the plants on it. (Gen 1: 28-31 and Gen 2: 15). The plan to revive agriculture in Zimbabwe cannot exclude the poor who are on the land.
God’s Plan to Resuscitate Failed Agriculture.
- The Lord has given Foundations for Farming as a tool, with which to teach and train the faithful stewardship of the land. I would urge everyone reading this to gain an understanding of what Foundations for Farming is about, and why it is so crucial.
- In the current economic climate, a large-scale food grain farmer is virtually unviable economically. Crop expenses such as synthetic fertilisers, chemical, hybrid seed, labour costs, machinery, fuel, repairs and maintenance, overhead costs, interest and redemption etc are so high that they cannot realistically achieve a profit margin.
- A well trained Foundations for Farming small-scale farmer can use compost and organic fertilisers made from the free materials around him/her, use very few (if any) chemicals, can use OPV seed at a fraction of the cost of hybrids, does not need expensive machinery and its ancillary expenses, provide his own labour and incentives, and most likely would not have interest and redemption costs.
- Once there is sufficient production, secondary industries in manufacturing can develop, which in turn will lead to the development of national infrastructure, social services, and all aspects of the national economy.
- The Lord’s edict from the parable of the talents is that if we are unfaithful with what He gives us, He will take away from us, but if we are faithful with what He gives us, He will add to us. Faithfulness with our land will ignite the rebuilding process
- I believe that this is a supernatural adding, which the Lord will add to Faithful Stewardship, and not just a direct consequential adding of cause and proportionate effect.
- This principle was exemplified in the Nehemiah story where the ruined walls were miraculously rebuilt in only 52 days. This means if we are faithful with what the Lord gives us, beginning with the first thing He gives any nation, which is the land, the ruined walls of Zimbabwe will not take 52 years to rebuild, but in the Lord’s grace and favour, could be rebuilt in only 52 months which is four and a half years. (With supernatural faith, unity and focus it could be 52weeks, i.e. one year).
Nehemiah wept over the ruins, the Lord gave him a plan, then he managed to get all the Lord’s people (even the women, the priests and Levites, the perfume makers and silversmiths) to unify and focus on building their portion of the wall.
The rate and time span for the rebuilding of Zimbabwe, God’s Way and on His Foundations, will depend directly on the degree of the unity of the whole Body-of Christ and their turning back to God, and their focus on the rebuilding task.
Our aim for the LoveZim campaign this year is to call on the church in Diaspora to join with the Zimbabwe team in unity and focus behind this plan for this season so that every gifting can take its place in the rebuilding of the wall.